Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Annoying

The 'I'm Gonna' list at the very top of my blog is almost annoying...which probably makes it the perfect spot. After I saved the changes and viewed it 'live' for the very first time, I got this 'that stinks' sort of feeling in the pit of my stomach...like, if I have to look at that every single time I go into my blog, I can't pretend that it doesn't exist. I actually thought about deleting it for a few seconds, but forced myself to post instead.

Anyway, I thought I would give a little update on where I'm at with my 'I'm Gonnas'. In order to keep myself accountable, I think I need to periodically talk about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. Although I had some ideas about what I would do to accomplish a certain goal, I never really made a decision one way or another. Also, for now I'm only going to talk about those that I have an update to give. So here goes...

1. Lose 75lbs - I joined Curves about 3 weeks ago and so far, have gone the recommended 3 times per week. This upcoming week I want to step it up a bit and get in there 4 times. If I can't actually get to Curves for the 4th workout, then I at least need to do something here at home. I have plenty of workout tapes to spice things up a bit. Outside of starting to exercise, I have to admit I haven't done much else. By next week I'm hoping to be able to report back on some of the other things I initially talked about doing!
3. Post Every Other Day On My Blog - So far, so good. I think there might have been 2 days between posts once, but hey...I can't be perfect ALL the time, right?
4. Organize 24,000 Photos - Backup hard drive purchased...check. 50 pk of blank DVDs purchased...check. Storage for DVDs purchased...check. Now comes the hard part.......
6. Learn How To Use My New Camera (Nikon D5000) - I think I will be removing this from the 'I'm Gonna' list. Why, you ask? Well, I'm considering returning the camera and just getting a higher end point and shoot. Although I really want to jump into the world of SLRs...and I know I'm fully capable of learning how to use this camera...I feel like I am too picture happy right now and just want to be able to pick up my camera and snap pics at a moments notice. I'm sure I would eventually get comfortable enough with the SLR to be faster than what I am now...but it's still not going to be a camera that I can just pick up and run with. I haven't made my final decision yet, but this is what I'm leaning towards. I'm really sad about it, but also really excited to get a new point and shoot. Even with the Nikon sitting across the room, I still find myself running to find my old camera to snap pics of the munchkins. There isn't a whole lot of time to 'set up' when they are this young!
8. Moisturize - I ordered some Proactiv products and they just arrived a couple of days ago. From what I have read, many people with Rosacea have seen a significant improvement when using Proactiv. Since it really can't get any worse at this point, I figured I would give it a shot!
9. Wish Everyone A Happy Birthday...On Time - Bought a stack of birthday cards recently. Not sure that that will help, but it's worth a shot! At least that's one excuse I can't give!
14. Implement Love & Logic Techniques - ECFE is offering a 5 week class on these techniques starting mid February. Not sure I can swing it with work, but I'm going to try!

No comments: