Drew is leaving to go on an ice fishing trip early tomorrow morning and will be gone for 4 full days. I am embarrassed to admit that I.AM.SCARED. This will probably shock a few of you, but I have never spent even 1 night alone in this house without Drew since we had kids. He has played single Dad while I have run off to do fun things overnight, but it's never been the other way around.
The difference between Drew and I is that I am a homebody and rarely do anything...but when I do, it's usually an all day event to scrap with some friends...or a scrappin' weekend at one of the many retreats here in MN. I go on about 3 retreats per year, with a handful of random scrappin' days in-between. Drew, on the other hand, HATES spending the night anywhere but in his own bed. He has a lot of friends and hobbies here locally, so it's not uncommon for him to go ice fishing or duck hunting several times in a week. In a way, I guess these differences are good because then we're not 'fighting' for the same free time...at the same time though, it leaves me shakin' in my boots when I suddenly realize that I'm going to be at home with my crazy munchkins...ALONE...for 4 DAYS!!!
To be quite honest, I don't know why I'm so anxious about him leaving. I think it's probably the fear of losing that extra pair of hands. Between Will teething and Lili not sleeping, I need all the help I can get!
In the end I know I will survive...with a little coffee...some extra confidence...and maybe the occasional shot of tequila, it will be a piece of cake!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment