So...we have mice...or something like mice...in our backyard... We think they are coming from near the pond, but who the heck really knows? Drew has hunted down several of them over the last few weeks and yesterday I witnessed the harsh brutality that my husband has been inflicting on these creatures. First off, in Drew's defense...the idea of these "mice" getting into our house, or becoming so abundant they take over the neighborhood, freaks me out. This is why I understand SOMETHING must be done. Do I think he and the other guys in the neigborhood are handling it the "right" way? Well.........I'm not so sure about that. Apparently, when a "mouse" is spotted, they chase it around the yard and kick it to death. Yes, KICK it...like a soccer ball. I really had no idea how they were disposing of these rodents and had no plans to ask. Unfortunately, we were outside playing yesterday when TWO of the little beasts were discovered. They were running so fast I didn't even know what was happening until the 1st went flying through the air! Suddenly two grown men were racing around the yard with a furry black thing bouncing back and forth from one steel-toed boot to the other. I was seriously traumatized by the events that took place and just stood there shrieking..."Oh my God! Oh my God!"........ I happened to be taking pics of the kids (is that a surprise?), so I grabbed my camera and got this beautiful shot............what's that crashing into the fence?
1 comment:
please tell me darren wasn't the other grown man???
Post a Comment