Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crazy Kids!






The munchkins have been giving us a LOT of laughs lately...even more than usual! I know people say that kids grow up too fast...and they do.........but I don't remember ever really "noticing" it, like I have over the last couple of weeks.

Willie boy is on the verge of crawling and his frustration is so obvious. He grunts and groans and throws his body all around the room. He springs into crawling position and rocks back and forth...willing his body to push forward. When he's had enough, he usually lets his butt flop back on the floor and then he whines for a minute. Recently, his big thing is to lay on his stomach and flap his arms and kick his legs, all at the same time. He sort of reminds me of a crazy bird doing belly flops. My only concern at this point is that he's going to knock himself out with the "head-banging". He seems to think that if he throws his head back and forth, he can propel himself forward. Although it's a good idea, he gets a little carried away sometimes!

Miss. Lili has turned into a goofy, silly girly-girl. She loves "pitty" (pretty) things, wants to look "koot" (cute) and is all about "pinces" (princesses). She is talking so much clearer now and the sentences are getting longer and longer. I've also noticed that she is starting to imitate me a bit and now makes the goofiest faces to get everyone to laugh. Yesterday as I was getting her ready for some pool time, she threw her sunhat on and was making the most hilarious faces. I laughed for at least 10 minutes straight as she put on her little show. It made me realize just how "aware" she is...despite her size and her age. I don't think we give her enough credit!

No comments: