The newest craze in our house right now involves this Homer doll. It used to be one of Drew's collectors items and somehow ended up in the hands of our toddler. Homer had a green, grass skirt around his waist, but Will disposed of that pretty quickly last week. Once it was locked in his iron grip, survival was not an option. I thought about getting out the super glue, but we all know what happened last time. Reminder: Drew + Super Glue + Lili = Sticky Mess. Anyway, Homer now resides in our living room, in his undies and coconut top and Lili LOVES him. Her favorite part is when he sings the "Tiny Bubbles" song. She dances with him and makes him dance too. Will just watches and laughs. For the most part, the doll is fairly harmless...with the exception of one phrase that involves the word "stupid". I'm still trying to figure out a way to delete that one, but I'm guessing it's not possible. Maybe Homer will have to "run away"...or "get lost"..."or pass away peacefully in his sleep"? I might go with option # 2 since I am nowhere near ready to explain death. Yep, I think Homer went for a walk and lost his way...
1 comment:
Hi Andrea, thanks for the insight on the toddler room biting....he has not gotten bit again...but I am sure it is bound to happen. Your comments were very helpful, you brought up a lot of things I had not thought of, like talking to him about it...I don't think he will get it yet, but you never know. We notice day after day that despite the fact that he cannot communicate with a lot of words yet, when we say things to him, he indicates in other ways that he understands.......
Post a Comment