Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Peanut





I took Miss. Lili for her 2 year wellness check yesterday and they confirmed what we already knew...Lili is a peanut. At 25lbs and 34.5 inches tall, she's in the 3% for weight and the 50% for length. After the doc verified that her rate of growth wasn't abnormal for "her" and tried to reassure me with statements like, "Some kids are just naturally small", I demanded that DNA testing be done immediately. There ain't no "small" Giles'! We's all big boned and pleasantly plump! Then I looked in those sweet, devilish little eyes again...the ones screaming "I BELONG TO DREW, WHICH MEANS I BELONG TO YOU!"...and I cancelled the order. I suppose it's possible that we have our 1st "small" human with Giles blood running through their veins........
Anyway, overall they said Lili looks great and is right where she needs to be at this age. We talked a bit about some of her "odd" behaviors and again, the doc assured me that with a little more consistency, we might actually end up being good parents and steering her in the right direction. Even with everything I'm reading on toddler behavior right now, I'm not really sure how to combat some of this stuff. I mean seriously...the munchkins LIKES to eat sand...she smears yogurt on her arms and legs and calls it her "lotion"...imaginary dogs live in our house and "bite" her (there was one in the garbage the other night, which prevented her from throwing out her tissue)...she purposely says and does things to make other children cry (like going up to their Moms, hugging their legs and saying, "MY Mommy!")... Some of it is pretty funny and the first few times I'm sure we laughed, but I know one of our long term goals should be to get her to EAT the yogurt and put actual LOTION on her skin. We just might need to get a little more creative with our parental tactics!

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

Hey, I need your advice on TODDLER BITING.......NO, Jackson is NOT biting (thank God) but he got bit on Friday and it was a hard bite, it left teeth marks on top and bottom and I almost cried when I saw the marks and read the accident report from the school...he was playing innocently with a toy another child (brat) wanted and so that child bit him...what the he??!! I seem to recall you blogging about this going on...any words of wisdom, I do NOT want him to learn this behavior or keep getting bit!