Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, August 7, 2009

Visit With Mom

Last weekend my Mom came for a visit. She actually drove here from Ohio by herself! I was worried about her making the long trip alone, but I have to remember that my Mom can take care of herself and it sounds like she had a great time stopping at antique shops along the way. Her last visit was at X-mas, before her heart surgery, so needless to say, the kids have grown like crazy since she saw them last! She was amazed at Lili's vocabulary and her devilish ways...and of course was shocked to see how big Will is. He's almost as big as Lili! The cutest thing was seeing Lili's reaction to her. After that 1st night of getting to know her Grandma Linda again, that's all she could talk about! When she woke up in the morning and from her naps, we were always greeted with, "Lee-lee's Gamma?" and she would go looking for her. Even since then she's been asking if "Lee-lee's Gamma seepin'?" Apparently she thinks Grandma is just sleeping somewhere...haha!

It was so nice to see my kids having one-on-one time with my Mom. Those opportunities are few and far between these days with both of our families spread out across the country. I just hope that both of the kids will soon start to understand they have family (Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins), even if they can't always see them... I actually bought a couple of soft-sided Sesame Street photo albums that I plan to start putting pictures in for them to look at. It will be like flashcards...here is Auntie Kristen...here are Cousins Lexi and Ashlynn...haha...

Anyway, back to the visit... Some of our funniest moments came with the gifts and other "stuff" that Grandma brought with her...

First there was the rocking chair. This is actually a chair that MY Great Grandmother (my Mom's Mom's Mom) had when she was a little girl back in 1895. This has always been handed down to the 1st daughter, so Lili was next in line to receive it! She thought it was so cool to have her own "chrr". Getting her to stay IN it was an adventure all on its own!

Here is Lili's fun new book...about a little girl who got to wear an angel necklace whenever she behaved and ONLY when she behaved!

Of course the book came with an angel necklace for Miss. Lili to wear too!
Then there is this precious keyboard... I'm still trying to decide if this was a good idea or not. For some reason when you turn it on, it's "programmed" to go straight to its loudest volume setting...

Awww...a duet!

For Lili's birthday, Grandma got her an art easel. This has been Lili's main source of entertainment for a week now. The 1st box of chalk is almost gone!

This cracked me up.......after sitting on her knees for too long, she would eventually resort to laying down completely!

Grandma Linda and Willie...
Grandma Linda and Lili...going for a walk!

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

Your mom looks great, I am so glad she made it out for a visit:) Those visits are so special and I am on the same page with you, I'm also going to start the little photo book for Jackson so he can start to try to understand who these mythical figures are in Ohio:)