Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 22, 2010

Still Alive

We are still alive! Yeah! My posts have been inconsistent because LIFE has been inconsistent...and just plain nutty. Lots of sickness, lots of sleep deprivation, lots of fussiness and crankiness from munchkins going through various phases of toddlerhood. For the most part we're all healthy again. Sure, we have minor colds...some congestion...icky coughing at times...but we're better than we've been in almost 2 months! The downward spiral hit at the end of August when we went from in-home daycare back to a center and it has come back up since. Every time things would start to get better, someone else would get sick...and then each family member would follow, until everyone had it. I'm STILL trying to decide if everyone getting sick all at the same time would be better or worse than having it stretched out. Advantages and disadvantages to both, I suppose.

Outside of being ill, what else has been going on in our lives? Well, I hate to say that that has consumed most of our time and energy...but honestly? It has. We've done a few things here and there. Drew went on a duck hunting trip in North Dakota with a friend for a long weekend...we took the kids to 101 Market to go through the corn maze, visit their petting zoo, pick pumpkins, jump in the corn pit, etc...we had a 2nd birthday party for Will at Apple Jack Orchard...several trips to the park when the kids were feeling o.k... I guess we've done more than I thought, though with this being my absolute FAVORITE time of year, I'm bummed that we've been sick for most of it. We still have so much to look forward to over the next few months, I'm just hoping that we can catch a break from the streps, flus and viruses long enough to really ENJOY it all!

So many events and pictures to share soon!

No comments: