Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, October 11, 2010

Puke

Puke is everywhere. Have you ever dealt with an almost 2 year old puker? Yeah, it's interesting. They are so disturbed by what is happening to them, they can't sit still long enough while they're puking, to puke into a bowl. And if you put the bowl in front of them, they smack it away and scream bloody murder. Meanwhile, the puke is still flying out of their mouth...and all over your house...or your couch...or wherever you happen to be at the moment. This past weekend the kids and I actually had a lot of fun while Drew was on his duck hunting trip. We went to the pumpkin patch and to the park...they were crazy, as they always are, but happy! For just a moment I thought we might be catching our 'break' from all of the illness around here. I never should have jinxed myself with those thoughts! Will got really fussy Sunday night, which I thought was due to the latest and greatest of runny noses. I gave him a little Motrin before bed and he seemed content. Unfortunately he woke up SCREAMING at 3am this morning...burning up...and puking... He puked on and off for about 5 hours. I also started puking during that time. Eventually it seemed to subside, though we both stuck to a diet of crackers...water...etc. throughout the day. Despite feeling a little woozy, I didn't feel TOO bad overall...but Will's fever continued and once again, he got REALLY fussy late this afternoon. We realized the cause of that when he puked all over our couch after almost 10 hours of no puking. I guess the kid just builds stuff up in his sytem and then explodes? Who the hell knows. All I do know right now is that I'm STILL waiting for my freaking BREAK!!! GIVE.ME.A.BREAK!!!! PLEASE!!

No comments: