Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Dress?

Old Navy is having some good sales right now, so I placed an order over the weekend...and bought a DRESS. Yes, that's right...I bought a DRESS...for MYSELF. In fact, I bought TWO dresses and they aren't BLACK! The package arrived yesterday, I tried them on...and they FIT! Granted, I'm still chubby...I still have rolls...but as Stacey and Clinton would say, you have to dress the body you have now...not the body you may never have again. So that's what I'm doing...but only because we are going to Jamaica in less than 4 months. Until then, I'm going to continue wearing my drab, almost all black wardrobe. The wardrobe that includes a buffet of knit, 3/4 length sleeve maternity shirts that are the most comfortable shirts I have ever worn in my life. I own at least 5 at the moment, in a variety of colors and no, I'm not pregnant. Anyway, back to my dresses. So my thought is, the dresses fit now and could almost be said to look 'cute' on me. I know they could look BETTER though, if I lost some weight...which is what I am in the process of doing. At this point, I figure even if I only lose 15-20 lbs before we go, I will look that much better in the dresses. I also have a fabulous friend who is a wiz on a sewing machine and I'm hoping she will help me out with some alterations before we leave. Even if absolutely nothing changes with my weight, a little tuck here and there could make a world of difference. Stacey and Clinton are HUGE on alterations and they always make people look good...so I really can't go wrong with this logic, right?!? Let's hope not...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I want to see the dresses!