


Even though I posted pics of Lili's 3rd birthday party with all of her little friends, I never actually posted about the day she turned 3. Granted, it wasn't all that exciting since it was another work day for us and 11 hours at daycare for her, but we did try to make it a little special. I forgot to make cupcakes for her to take to daycare, so that morning I stopped at Caribou for my daily coffee and picked up a chocolate milk for her to share and a chocolate covered graham cracker for each kid. I know...not very original, or thoughtful for that matter...but hey, I'm sure they still enjoyed them! After work we picked the kids up, had pizza for dinner, opened presents from family and then...I took her to see her 1st real movie! We saw Toy Story 3 and had a BLAST! She was so stinking cute and decided at the last minute to bring brother's Woody and Buzz dolls. I can't say TS3 was the ideal choice for her since she normally prefers princess movies, but she still enjoyed it and did really well! There were a few moments when I thought she might break free and run the aisles, but I was always able to lure her back with popcorn and Sierra Mist. The kid had never had soda before and I truly did not think she would be quite so into it...however she LOVED it and kept referring to it as 'spicy juice'. I'm sure the carbonation was a bit of a surprise for her! Oh and the popcorn...the girl was in heaven...and wouldn't let that giant bag out of her sight! All in all I think Lili had a great birthday and I am already looking forward to the new and exciting things she will be doing each year as she gets older! Of course there is a part of me that is sad to see the infant/toddler years flying by...but it makes me smile to think of how she is growing into an adorable little girl with a spunky personality and a contagious laugh! Happy Birthday Lili!
1 comment:
lol, Carter says pop is "spicy" as well! Because of it he usually won't drink it, so when we go to Costco for a hotdog & soda, he gets the Lemonade. He used to think Lemonade was "spicy" but decided Minute Maid (they now use Tropicana) is decidedly "not spicy". So we go to Claim Jumper the other night and the waitress offers lemonade and he asks, "Is it Minute Maid Lemonade?" She says, "no, we make it ourselves." He said, "um, no, how about chocolate milk."
Post a Comment