I have to admit...this picture of 'the original 6' as my oldest brother calls us...makes me a little weepy. I think it's all of the memories I have growing up and only knowing this family 'configuration'. A lot has happened in the last 15 years though, with my parents divorcing and all of us siblings moving on...graduating college...getting married...starting families...moving away... It's sad to think that we used to see each other almost every day of our lives and now these opportunities when we can all get together are few and far between. Of course, I say all of this, but I'm not the best at keeping in touch long distance and therefore I haven't made the situation any better. My Dad absolutely hates talking on the phone and I think he passed that down to me, because I really don't like it either. Give me email...or texting...or IM any day of the week! I wish we lived closer so that we could at least have family BBQs and my sucky phone talking abilities wouldn't be so obvious...or maybe I should just get my butt in gear and start calling... Anyway, here we are! My parents, Mark and Linda, my brothers, Nathan and Aaron and my sista, Kristen!
...and here is our expanded family!!! We added my Dad's wife, Mary Kay...my sister's husband, Chuck...my brother Aaron's wife, Vera...my brother Nate's wife, Crystal and their two girls, Ashlynn and Lexi...and of course there's Lili!
Auntie Crystal helping Lili with one of her early birthday gifts!
Auntie Vera observing Lexi's awesome magnetic paper doll skills!
Dad and Mary Kay giving Lili a little attention...which of course she just sucked up!
My bro, Aaron...thinking he's a photographer or something...












No comments:
Post a Comment