Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just P'oed

Can I just tell everyone how irritated I am today? Aunt Flo is here...yes, she is...which is actually a good thing because I honestly don't think we can handle anymore monkeys right now. I'm also pretty sure that she is the culprit behind my irritability, though these other things aren't helping too much either...

First, I ordered Cinderella off of ebay for Lili’s birthday. Not only do I check the price and try to get the cheapest that I can find, but I ALWAYS check to make sure that I’m buying it from a reputable seller…except this time…when I must have been space cadetting it that day… So I bought the DVD and yes, it was only $10 with free shipping…which should have clued me in right there…but I purchased it from someone who has only sold 50 items. Most of his reviews were good, except there were a couple that said their DVDs skipped….which ours does too…about 45 minutes into it…right when stuff is getting good… So I email the guy last night to let him know and his response this morning was something like this:

Hi Andrea – I am sorry to hear that your DVD is not working. How about this. I can refund you $5. Or I can send another copy. Would that work?

Ummmmmmmm….NO! I responded and told him that if he could guarantee the next one would be o.k., I would take another copy, however if not, then I wanted a full refund because the DVD DOES NOT WORK!!!!!! WHY WOULD I EVEN BE CHARGED $5 FOR A DVD THAT DOES NOT WORK!?!?!? SO NO, THAT WOULD NOT WORK FOR ME!!! Of course he hasn’t responded yet, which is making me even more irritated about the whole darn thing…

Then there was the whole freezer 'incident'... I've been couponing for awhile now...trying to shop ads, etc. We waste way too much money on groceries and eating out and we need to stop. When I find really good deals on meat and other items that can be thrown in our freezer, I stock up as much as possible. We have a large freezer out in the garage, so why not? This past weekend Cub had a lot of BOGO coupons for roasts and chicken and other yummy stuff........between the sales and coupons that I had, I got some great deals! Several other stores were also having good sales on meat. I went to a couple of stores on Saturday and couple more on Sunday. Great, huh? Well, it was...until I returned from my shopping trip on Sunday, only to find that I did latch the freezer door the day before. EVERYTHING IN OUR FREEZER MELTED AND HAD TO BE THROWN AWAY!!! I'm talking 2 containers of Cool Whip, 3 family packs of chicken, 4 packages of boneless pork chops, a large bag of shrimp and 2 roasts.....ALL GONE... It still makes me sick... It's not going to do me much good to shop the sales and gloat about my savings when I lose more in stupid mistakes!

Let's see...what else am I irritated about today...oh, the fits that the kids are throwing every morning when I put them in the car. I'm about to LOSE IT...though I'm getting really good at getting them strapped in, despite the kicking and screaming and complete insanity that goes along with it. Will just doesn't want to be tied down. He wants to run free and going in the carseat means he can't do that...which PISSES HIM OFF... Lili is usually mad about something, like me not letting her take a bunch of toys to daycare with her...or making her go on the potty 'too fast' first thing in the morning...or not letting her play downstairs before we leave for work... She just doesn't get that we are in a time crunch and there isn't time to play and watch a movie before heading out in the mornings. So yeah...by the time we are loading up the car they are both throwing holy major tantrums. I'm hoping this phase ends pretty soon too...

2 comments:

Erin said...

tickling them on their belly makes them sit their butt & belly back into the carseat. Just sayin'

Jenny and Jon said...

The morning grind is rough, I just have to say that I WAS IN TEARS last Friday in the morning it was just so bad coupled with sickness here and there, I have no idea how to make this better as I fight the same battle each morning, BUT I can sympathize:)