Lili's friend from school, Mckennah, recently asked her to join a tap/ballet class with her at the local dance studio. It's a small studio that hasn't been doing very well since a more well-known studio moved into the area, but the instructor is great and was offering a 6 week 'trial' class for 3 year olds. It was a cheap $45 for 6 Saturday morning classes, so I figured what the hell...we would give it a shot to see if she likes it and if she does, we could always try enrolling her in a permanent class somewhere. Lili and Mckennah are currently the only 2 kids in the trial class, so I can't see this becoming a regular class at this particular studio going forward just due to the low numbers. If it did, I would definitely consider keeping her there...but it's not looking good. Anyway, the class is 30 minutes, with the first 15 minutes dedicated for ballet and the last 15 minutes dedicated to tap.
Lili and Mckennah got matching tutus...and of course we also had to pick up the appropriate shoes. When I brought the shoes home for Lili to try on, Will FREAKED OUT and wanted to wear some too. Luckily Lili understood that she could only wear one pair at a time, so she threw on the tap shoes and let Will run around in the ballet slippers. I think the boy seriously thought he had won a lifetime supply of fruit snacks. He danced and pranced around the house and honestly? With his strong little legs, I could totally see him in a pair of tights...shhh! Don't tell Drew!

On her 1st day of dance class Lili was SO excited she even let me put pigtails in her hair...and KEPT THEM IN!! It's the little things in life that keep me going... This pic shocks me every time I look at it because my little girl looks SO tall and SO 'old'. It's exciting and saddening all at once.

We were the first ones to arrive, but as soon as Mckennah walked in the door the girls ran to hug each other. They really are good pals and are ADORABLE together!

Without any lessons at all, I asked them to show us their 'ballet'...HA!

We weren't allowed to watch the class (parents are distracting to 3 yr olds!)...but we peeked through some partially open blinds and at the end we took a few pics. Here they are showing us how they 'tap'...

...and also how they hug!

Watching little girls learning how to dance at this age is HILARIOUS! It's hard to describe just how cute they are and how funny they can be! We have now had 2 classes and Lili asks almost every day when she can go again. Maybe this is something she will continue doing for years to come?
No comments:
Post a Comment