I took a little break from blogging as I prepared Drew and I (and the kids) for our big trip to Jamaica. We got home last night and I have to say, the whole experience was AMAZING. It was probably the best trip I have ever taken, next to the trip to San Francisco my Dad took my brothers and sister and I on about 14 years ago and our honeymoon in Vegas. We did SO much during the 6 days we were there we really didn't have time to just relax and do nothing. In the end though, that didn't seem to matter. It was still the mental and emotional break that we needed and I am SO glad we went! I am now a huge advocate of such vacations for all couples who have entered the world of parenting. Having kids is a crazy, wild ride and can take its toll on a marriage. Even the strongest of couples, which is the category I have always considered Drew and I to be in, start to crack when kids enter the picture. All of your money, time, energy and love goes into caring for and raising your children...keeping them safe and happy. You almost forget that it once started with just you and your mate. Even conversations tend to be all about the kids...as if neither of you have any other interests. It was really nice just to hang out with my husband and our good friends, John and Lisa, and to know that our little monkeys were in the awesome care of their grandparents. We got to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted...we talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank...it was GREAT! Now I'm trying to get the in-laws to commit to dedicating this same week, every year to watching our kids so that we can take a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment