So I started a new weight loss program. There...I said it. Now everybody freaking knows. Drew was of the opinion that I shouldn't broadcast the news this time around...not because he didn't want me to share, but because maybe this was actually deterring me from accomplishing my goals in some weird, twisted way? I can't say he's wrong...but not sure he's right either. What I do know is that I'm an angry mess right now and I need to vent...which means my blog readers will know the truth.
The program is called Ideal Protein. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty details of it all, but basically it's a low carb, low sugar, high protein diet that must be monitored by a medical doctor or chiropractor (you can't just sign up for it online and do your own thing). A lot of diabetics are put on Ideal Protein to help them lose weight and the program talks a lot about Metabolic Syndrome X. The overall goal is to force your body into ketosis and stop the overproduction of insulin...or something like that. O.k., great. Sounds exactly like what I need to do.
I'm sure there are a lot of ways to do this.........but obviously I need a little more guidance than most. Friends of ours have been on IP since the fall and have had great success with it. They gave me some great info and next thing you know, I was attending an introductory seminar on the program. Everything about the diet seemed 'right', so I signed up that same night. I was SO excited to begin my journey and to see the pounds peeling off.
I woke up Sunday morning ready to take on this new challenge. I have now survived 2 full days on the diet and honestly, I'm not sure how I did it...because the food TASTES LIKE SHIOT!! Yes, you supplement with your own veggies twice a day and lean meats once a day...but then you are required to eat/drink 'protein packs'. They offer a variety of cereals, soups and shakes...which all sound great...until you take your first bite and want to vomit. I have tried 6 different packs and only ONE was edible. By edible, I mean that my gag reflex wasn't going freaking INSANE with each bite like it did with the others. No, I am not quitting...no I am not at the end of my rope...but I AM frustrated and I woke up MAD this morning. I think maybe I was dreaming about food because why else would I be so ANGRY as soon as my eyes opened? Anyway, I have tried to keep to myself a bit more than usual the last couple of days, simply because I know that I am in an evil place right now. I would hate to take it out on innocent bystanders and have already found myself snapping at my poor little monkeys and my husband more than normal. I really hope this initial I-want-to-jump-off-a-cliff feeling passes quickly... I joined an online support group and have found lots of encouragement and ideas out there to keep me going. Here's to a successful day 3 and maybe finding one more protein pack that I can tolerate...
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment