Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I See A Light

...at the end of the tunnel...and it's in the form of a vanilla protein shake and a caramel nut protein bar. Yep, that's right, I have found 2 IP protein packs that are EDIBLE and I actually enjoy them! To simplify things and to eliminate some of the extra stress I have been putting on myself I decided to stop trying all of the other crap they offer and to stick with what I know I like...at least for awhile, until I am more comfortable with the program. This means that every morning I will start my day with a vanilla shake...at noon I will have my bar with a gigantic salad full of only green veggies and oil/vinegar dressing...for dinner I will stick to lean meats and another salad...and my before bedtime snack will be another vanilla shake, warmed up with a little coffee and cinnamon added to it. YUM! I survived day 4 and every day seems a little easier. I'm still feeling pretty bitchy...and I still have cravings for certain things...but they are slowly diminishing.

One concept I am trying so hard to wrap my mind around is the idea that I don't always have to feel 'full'. I don't have to eat until I'm stuffed to the brim. It's o.k. for my stomach to feel empty. I guess I have always thought that an empty stomach meant a hungry stomach...and so much of the time my stomach would 'hurt' with what I thought was hunger. I have had a similar feeling in my stomach all week...but I don't really believe that it's always because I'm hungry. I think some of it is just my stomach being empty and my body being satisfied...and yet my mind not quite understanding that that's O.K. and I don't need to immediately fill it up again.

Being obese and trying to change your life is like one big crazy mind game...I just hope I'm smart enough to win!

No comments: