Yeah well, I was wrong. There. I said it. I was WRONG. It was a disaster. Drew came home after work that night and we drove to New Horizons together. We thought the kids would be SO excited to see us BOTH there at the end of the day. Lili was...but Will's face literally crumbled when he saw us. Sometimes he does that even when I'm the only one picking him up. He comes running to me and practically climbs up my body to get into my arms. I don't know if the kid thinks we aren't going to come back for him or what! He's not like that every day, but probably a good 50% of the time he seems so surprised that we've come back for him, he just starts sobbing. So anyway, Will was crying and I told Drew he would probably get over it in a few minutes. Well, the kid continued to cry and throw his body around like a madman for another 15 minutes. We tried everything we could think of to calm him down, but the kid didn't even seem to know what he wanted. He wanted Daddy...then Mommy...then to be put down...then back to Mommy...then Daddy again.........THEN he saw his teacher, Rachel, and must have decided that since he was at daycare, he should be with her. I didn't know whether to be glad that he was bonding with his teachers, or sad that he was preferring her over his very own mother who birthed him. For a few minutes we actually got him to settle down and have some juice. He even let us put on his chicken costume once he saw the other kids in all of their costumes. Doesn't he make an adorable chicken!?!?
The chicken suit didn't last long though... When he decided he had had enough, he just started stripping.......which shouldn't surprise anyone.
He was even trying to get his pants and diaper off, which we always find amusing because he can't do it himself yet and his little butt crack always ends up sticking out. You know, the plumber's crack.
Meanwhile...Lili was doing her thing over in the corner and hitting on one of the cute little boys in her class. She kept giving him the stinkeye...and then the sweeteye...then the stinkeye... She had a hard time making up her mind as to which he deserved.
The great room equipment kept Will busy for a bit...
...then I took him into his room to play pin the tail on the cat...
First he put the tail on a pumpkin that was on the floor.......but once we got him focused he at least put the tail on the cat. It wasn't on its butt, but hey...he was close!
After the game, Will remembered that he was previously throwing a tantrum and continued his meltdown. I told Drew I needed a few minutes just to take Lili around to do a few things before we left. While Drew wrangled in the boy and attempted to keep him calm, Lili decorated a cupcake...


No comments:
Post a Comment