Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, November 11, 2010

November?

I can't believe it's November. I can't believe we are 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving. I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner!! I don't know what happened these last few months but they have been flying by and I am REALLY sad about that. I LOVE fall...and Halloween...and Thanksgiving...and Caribou...and cold weather...and Christmas. Why are all of the things that I look forward to SO much disappearing so quickly? I want these times to last just a little longer than all of the other months of the year...so that I can have these happy, excited feelings for longer. I also need some extra time to complete all of my Christmas 'projects'. This year I decided to try my hand at some new crafty things. I got a few ideas online, added my own little twists and came up with several different things that I'm hoping my friends and family will love. Eventually I will post some pics out here, but obviously I don't want to spoil the surprise over a month in advance! So far I have completed 4 gifts, with many more to go. I am really enjoying the time spent on these projects too. I wasn't sure if I would like using mod podge, but once you get into it, it's actually a lot of fun! If only I could find the same motivation for all of the shopping I need to do as well...focus Andrea, FOCUS!

No comments: