Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, November 27, 2010

1st Snowfall

We had our 1st snowfall a couple of weeks ago. It was a doozy! I think we got around 10 inches or so up here in St. Michael. Not a ton, but enough to make people even more stupid when they drive and enough to build a snowman! Drew tried to take the kids out the 1st day while I was gone, but they were wimps and wanted to come back inside after about 10 minutes. I was determined to keep them out longer and to actually have a little fun, so I took them out on the 2nd day while Drew was gone.

There is something about snowpants that my kids absolutely love... They were dancing around the kitchen and actually posed for a picture!
Will seemed slightly disturbed by his lack of mobility in all of the winter gear.
Lili couldn't wait for me to help her on her saucer and push her down the little slope in our side yard.
After several pictures were snapped, she looked like she was about to snap too...in irritation at her mother for making her pose in the cold when all she really wanted to do was to go sledding.
Will LOVED how the saucer spun him in circles as he slid down the hill, but every time he came to the bottom he would give me this frown...as if to say, WTF?
We attempted to build a snowman, which went fairly well, but we had to go inside before we could put a face on it. Will had a meltdown due to the cold and the fact that he kept pulling off his mittens and then falling into the snow... When we looked outside awhile later, the entire snowman had fallen over, so I guess it just wasn't meant to be!
After the 'fun' outside, we went in and had some hot chocolate...a first for both of the monkeys! Lili sucked hers down like you wouldn't believe, while Will took his time and never even finished it. I know it appears that we might have spiked the punch...but I assure you that was not the case!
Lil has turned into such a little sweets addict I was not surprised by her love of the marshmallows covering the top of her mug.
Will was too busy yammering and protesting about something to truly enjoy the chocolatey goodness.
Lili even showed me the marshmallows in her mouth...
...and then, of course, Will had to show me too........though he didn't have any in his mouth because he doesn't like marshmallows.
Even though Will is not a marshmallow lover, he still tried to steal them from Lili. Why? Because that is his new goal in life...to torture his sister and make her scream.
We try to diffuse the situation as much as possible...distracting Will and giving Lili a chance to escape.......or in this case a chance to stuff the last of her chocolate donut in her mouth!
This is when both of my children started snarfing at me. The sound is difficult to explain in a blog, but let's just say it's a cross between blowing your nose and blowing up a balloon...an interesting sound...and a pretty funny one too coming from a 2 year old and a 3 year old!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love that they are drinking cocoa out of Jim Beam mugs, lol. Carter's goal in life seems to be making Henri scream. Have I mentioned that Henri has the most high-pitched, ear shattering scream you have ever heard? I should record it and put it on my blog for your amusement.