After some trying times with both of my children over the last few months, I started analyzing our experiences to try and determine what phases I think are worse than others. Granted, I know this doesn't really 'matter'...we're going to go through whatever it is that is thrown at us...and every child is different...and the perception of every parent is different...HOWEVER, sometimes I find this process comforting. If I can look back and say well THAT was a whole lot worse than THIS...then I'm more likely to believe that I can get through whatever the current hurdle is. Yes, I do realize that this can also backfire in my face. Like when I realize that everything I've experienced up until this point is NOTHING compared to what I am going through now. I usually go into this thinking hoping for the best though...which is what I am doing now... Here are some things that I have already figured out.
3 year old girls are worse than 2 year old girls. 2 year old girls have all of the typical characteristics of a child going through the 'terrible twos'...plus some added drama. Their cries and tantrums are filled with sounds of despair. You might think one had stolen their puppy. Now take all of that...shove it into a slightly taller, slightly heavier frame...add 10x's the knowledge...and a whole lotta SASS. THAT is a 3 year old girl. I think the biggest difference comes with the frustration level of the parent(s). When girls are 2 you will often find yourself questioning whether or not they really know what they are saying or doing.........and I think that lessens the blow a bit. When girls are 3 you KNOW they know...and that makes the rage inside of you grow like an out of control bonfire...and it takes all of your strength and all of your energy not to throw a ginormous fit yourself!
2 year old boys are worse than any other aged living human or non-human creature on the face of the earth. They are exhausting and frustrating and as Will's teachers have described him many times...they are 'AGGRESSIVE'! Everything they do becomes physical. If they don't like something, they hit and throw and push with all their might. Yes, all kids throw toys and have temper tantrums...but a 2 year old BOY takes it to the next level. They don't lightly toss a stuffed animal at you. They whip a toy metal pan AT YOUR FACE. They do this because they have no idea what that means. They have no idea just how much that hurts...and the only way you can get them to understand that is to whip a toy metal pan at their face in response. But you can't. Why? 1. Because that's mean. 2. Because someone would call CPS on you. So then what do you do? Well...I.DON'T.KNOW! That is why I believe that 2 year old boys should be sent to military schools until they turn 4. That gets you through the 'terrible twos' and the 'trying threes' (just in case). If they made this a federal law, none of us Moms would feel guilty because we would be forced to do it. We would also be more SANE when it was all over...and our little boys would be angels.........
So yeah, those are my thoughts so far. We shall see what my brain comes up with tomorrow...
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
Stop looking in my window, lol. Only change here is I have a 5 year old drama queen boy instead of the 3 year old girl and the baby girl is the sweetest thing and she reminds me that the other two were once that sweet and innocent...
Post a Comment