Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cow Dung

Yep, that's what I feel like right now...cow dung........or dogshit............or anything with some type of feces adjective incorporated into it. I'm pretty sure my house and everyone in it has been cursed. I don't know who the hell cursed us, but somebody did...and I'm PISSED! Let's do a quick recap...

August 20th - Will got a stomach bug. Lots of diarrhea.
August 22nd - Suddenly Will had a 104 temp. Took him to the ER late that night because nothing was stopping it. Strep. Dealt with Will and his strep for a couple of days before he was finally well enough to go back to daycare...
August 24th - Andrea gets the stomach bug. Lots of diarrhea.
August 28th - Andrea & Lili get strep. We spent the weekend dealing with 2 more cases of strep and my stomach bug did not get better until September 3rd.
September 8th - Andrea started having severe stomachaches that lasted most of every day.
September 13th - Andrea goes to the doc and is diagnosed with gastritis or an ulcer......same treatment for both, so it didn't really matter which.
September 17th - Andrea gets a 2nd stomach bug...which at first she casts off as being her 'ulcer'.
September 18th - Will gets the latest and greatest stomach bug...and Lili doesn't seem to be herself.
***NOTE: Throughout these weeks the kids are not sleeping because they are either sick, or going through a developmental spurt. We were dealing with several nightwakings each night and a morning wakeup call from Will at 4:30am every morning. It was 'fun'. He also had several days where he cried most of the day at daycare and we had to take him to the doctor several times to ensure it wasn't anything 'serious'. These visits resulted in an increase in his acid reflux meds and a 'good luck' from the doc.
September 21st - Will gets pinkeye and a cold.
September 23rd - Drew gets a cold and the stomach bug the rest of us were just getting over.
September 24th - Andrea and Lili get the cold.
September 26th - Andrea wakes up with a horrendous sore throat and tries to let it run its course.
September 27th - Andrea can't take the knives in her throat anymore and goes to the doc. It's a viral sore throat...on top of a cold and cough........with pinkeye on top (like a cherry).

Today I sat on the couch feeling sorry for myself and feeling like dogshit too. Then an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition came on and it brought me back to reality...and made me cry for 2 hours.

I'm tired. I'm sick. I'm done with this rash of illness after illness. I would now like to order A BREAK!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

you all need to get someone to professional clean the house and air it out and get the germs out, wash all bed linens, run toothbrushes through the dishwasher, take wipes that are antibacterial and wipe down tv remotes, phones, appliances, etc. that are touched daily! It sounds crazy but it works! Good luck, we have gone through rounds like this.