Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, September 9, 2010

JAMAICA!!

I can't believe I just did what I did...I booked a vacation...like a REAL one...TO JAMAICA!!!! Me...Drew...pools...fruity drinks...golf...spa...dolphins...horsebackriding on the beach...ZIPLINING...I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. I can only recall a handful of times in recent years where I felt this way. The day Drew proposed...our wedding day...the day I found out I was pregnant with Lili...Lili's surprise arrival...Will's even bigger surprise arrival...........and now this...the day I booked 5 nights and 6 days at an all-inclusive Sandals resort in JAMAICA! Drew and I have been together for almost 11 years and we have only ever taken 1 vacation. We went to Vegas for our honeymoon. Outside of that, our travels have taken us to Ohio, Colorado, Washington, New York and/or North Carolina to visit friends/family or attend events (weddings, showers, etc.). Outside of our honeymoon, we have never vacationed just to enjoy ourselves...to do what we want, whenever we want...on our own schedules...just the two of us. For so long we have focused on our careers and finishing our degrees. Then came the wedding and our little monkeys. It feels so GOOD to have this in our future to look forward to! Are we afraid of missing the kids too much since we have NEVER left them with anyone overnight? Of course... Can we afford this? Hell no... BUT, it really feels like the right thing to do. For us. For our marriage. I just hope that we can relax and have FUN and come back to reality feeling rejuvenated. I.CAN'T.WAIT!!

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

Congrats....Jon and I have had THE SAME conversation lately. Life is hard, all we do with our vacation time is go to OHIO to see family (which we love but we all know that is NOT a vacation)! We are on the verge of booking the same kind of trip...it is easier for us as these destinations are super close and we can drive to a cruise port (we love cruises) but still, leaving Jackson and making those arrangements is NOT easy!!