Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!

There are way too many days lately where I get to that point of screaming, 'WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT? JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU!!!'. Two whiney monkeys hanging on my legs infuriates me. I can only take it for so long. At some point they must articulate what they want and why they won't get off my leg!

We are definitely at a new level of whining in this house. Will whines because he can't fully communicate his wants/needs with words...and Lili whines because Will is whining. Lovely. When they aren't whining, they are usually asking for something...Mommy can I have some water...Mommy can I have some chocolate milk...no Mommy I want juice...Mommy can you fix this...Mommy I want some crackers...Mommy I want to watch a movie...Mommy will you play with me...Mommy brother took my cars...Mommy where is Daddy.........my ears BURN after awhile. Like, truly BURN! Sometimes my throat even feels scratchy from having to respond to their constant questions! Oh and I say, 'just a minute please' at LEAST 4,000 times a day. Like so much that Will now says back to me, 'In a minute?'.......YES, IN A MINUTE! JUST STOP TALKING TO ME!!!!

The funnest (yes, that's a word...because this is my blog) thing about the phase Will is in right now is when he asks for something and you tell him, 'Yes, I will get you some in just a minute'...and he melts down...as if you told him no.........and you can continue to tell him YES...but all he is hearing is NO...and then you get so frustrated you want to tell him no, so that maybe he will think you're saying yes!

I love them...more than anyone will ever know...but this phase is TIRING...

No comments: