Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Playground!

We had kind of forgotten about the neighborhood trails since having kids. Before that, Drew and I would walk for several miles around St. Michael. Once the wee ones arrived the walks got a little shorter. We also found ourselves at the neighborhood playground quite a bit. When I went on my recent scrappin' weekend though, Drew ventured out with the kids and took them on the trails which led them to the playground by our middle school. We decided to head there again this past weekend. The kids LOVED walking through the woods and the weather was PERFECT...sunny...cool... It definitely smelled like fall!
We took the stroller with us, but of course neither child wanted anything to do with it. Will is a wild man and can't seem to focus on the task at hand. He is ALL over the place and not always walking forward....
Lili does great on her own...
...but occasionally gets distracted by shiny objects...or a huge stick... I asked her to drop it several times because it was slowing her down, but the answer I received was that she couldn't, because it was her 'dragon' and the 'dragon' needed to come with us.
At that point even Will wanted to participate in the dragon saga...
...and when we finally convinced Lili to put it down, Will made sure that HE had ahold of it and refused to give it up.
Luckily the park saved us from having to take that dragon everywhere...
Lili was very helpful with brother on the playground equipment and frequently offered a helping hand...
...or some sisterly love...
She even convinced Daddy to put her on this thing. She zipped back and forth on it several times without any help at all! I didn't think she had the arm strength to hang on that long, but she proved me wrong!
These were fun too...especially when I told her that if she fell, the alligators would get her!
And of course there were slides...lots and lots of slides...
...and Will had absolutely no fear...
...though Lili didn't either!
She even mastered the little climbing wall that was there and totally pissed Will off because he didn't have the upper body strength to hang on for very long.
I still got some peekaboos out of the deal though!
...and then it was time to head home for lunch!

No comments: