Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 20, 2010

Published!!!

Ok...so not really...but in Andrea's World I am!! I finally got around to moving my 2008 blog posts into a book! I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I LOVE it! If anyone else out there is looking to do the same I would definitely recommend going through www.sharedbook.com. The steps are SO easy!

1. Tell them what blogging site you go through...in my case it was eblogger.
2. Provide the URL for your blog.
3. Select whether you want to keep the formatting of the posts/pics that you created on your blog, or if you want them to move things around to preserve space.
4. Select to include or exclude all of the comments from family/friends.
5. Choose a cover, title, etc.
6. Click GO!

POOF!! They download all of your posts, pics and comments from your blog...throw it into a book format and voila...a beautiful book!

There are a LOT of positives about going through SharedBook, but I did think a couple of things could have been done better. Here is my overall review...

POSITIVES
1. Quick and easy process for putting your book together and ordering!
2. Book arrived on time and in perfect condition.
3. The quality of the pages in the book and the clarity of the photos is awesome!!! I was worried about the pics, but they turned out great!
4. They stuck to the same format as my blog, which I had selected because I felt that the overall layout of the book was better.
5. This book, which only had posts from October-December of 2008 (but remember I was on bedrest for the first month and posted multiple times a day!) cost about $50, which I thought was VERY reasonable!

NEGATIVES
1. They 'force' you to put a picture on the front of your book, which I actually did not want. I would have preferred just the title.
2. The image I did upload to put on the front did not appear to be centered vertically. It was centered from left to right...but not top to bottom.
3. There is an option to put a title on the binding...though they used another term for it...so I 'assumed' it was the binding...which I guess would then make this my fault...BUT, it turns out the when you select your TITLE, that automatically goes on the front and on the binding.......then there is a one inch title bar on the left side of the front of the book and THAT is where they allow you to input something else. What I WANTED, was one title for the front...and a more specific title for the binding. What I GOT was the same title for the front and binding...and then this additional 'title' in a really weird spot....... It annoys me, but it's not the end of the world.

I can't wait to see how 2009 will turn out!!

2 comments:

Jenny and Jon said...

I have GOT to do that! I've heard of another site, blogsintobooks or something but it seemed way more expensive and way more complex than what you describe! I am trying this out asap!! I am not at all a scrapper so this is pure bliss for me!

Katie said...

It looks awesome! If my blog were cooler (Or I kept it up better!) I would think about doing it too!