Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Turning TWO!!

Yesterday was officially Lili's 2nd birthday. I cannot believe it has been 2 years already. Although there were times where I couldn't seem to catch even an hour of sleep and I thought the night would never end, the months have FLOWN by. I suppose it helps to now have two munchkins keeping me busy, but even before Will's arrival I couldn't believe we had so quickly transitioned from the infant-bowl-of-jello stage to the toddler-running-like-a-crazy-woman stage.

These days Lili is still as feisty as ever and giving us a run for our money! She is obsessed with playing outside and most of her temper tantrums are over whether or not we can take her out at the exact moment that she is asking to go. An hour outside is never enough...an afternoon outside is never enough...I'm sure an entire day outside would not be enough. The child is never satisfied! What does she do out there? Oh, there are bubbles...the sandbox...a water table...the hose...rocks to throw...her bike...puppies to call for and then scream when they get near...running like hell down the block with Mama yelling after her...the entertainment options are endless! Lili is talking up a storm and seriously cracks us up almost everyday. Should we be laughing at most of this? No. Can we help it? NO! It is way too funny not to at least let out a snicker. The other day she came home from daycare and her response to almost everything we told her to do or not to do was, "STOP it! No, you STOP it!" She also thinks it's funny to fake laugh when other people are laughing. For example, if Drew and I are talking about something and laughing, she will have NO IDEA why, but she will look at both of us and let out a hearty fake laugh, scrunching up her face and showing off the evil glint in her eye.

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have told you that Lili was definitely going to be a tomboy. Her recent actions have proven me very wrong. She is now all about princesses...and her dollies and babies...anything pink and sparkly...her "purse"...getting her toenails painted...wearing ponies in her hair...being "pitty" (pretty)...Dora & Disney Princess pjs... I used to think that I wouldn't want my little girl to be quite so girly.......but I am secretly really enjoying it! I love that she loves all of those things and I am already looking towards the future when I can take her scrappin' or for a pedicure!

Here is the birthday girl after her bath last night...
Twirling her hair and sitting with "bunny" to watch Barney.
Mowing the lawn in her bikini...
So excited to get her driver's license!
Our tough girl...wanting to rock out!
The little firecracker...showing off her 4th of July style!
Princess sparkly cell phone in one hand...purse in the other...let's go for a walk!
Looking oh-so-pretty with her hair in a "pony".
PINK TOES!!
Attempting to ride her bike on her own............not quite strong enough to manage the pedaling by herself.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Practicing her fake laugh??? Wherever did she get that SISTAY???

Jenny and Jon said...

Happy birthday to a sweet girl! Good luck with the terrible twos........I know you have the strength to withstand this stage:)