Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, July 3, 2009

Pre-4th Fun
















So many funny things happened yesterday, I'm hoping I don't forget to write about any of them! Drew, Lili, Will and I went over to our friend's house for a pre-4th bbq. Marc and Dixie have two little ones as well...Tyler who is 5 and Lindsey who is 3. It's actually a perfect situation for us when it comes to the kids because their house is childproof...they already have so much of what we "need" to entertain the munchkins...and they all play great together!
I could not get over how funny the girls were. They had a few catfights over the swings and toys, but 95% of the time they were giggling and just being silly! At one point Lindsey decided she wanted to go in the kiddie pool...in her clothes. At first it was fun just kicking the water with her feet and jumping around. Then she decided to drench herself, fully-clothed. Next thing you know, Lili was in there too and both girls were soaked. They laughed and laughed and had so much fun! Then came the stripping... Lindsey's pants were a little too big so we would occasionally find them falling off her butt. Her Dad told her to pull them back up and after hearing this Lili decided that meant she should take hers OFF. Lili isn't quite coordinated enough yet to completely undress herself, so she got her jeans down to her ankles, then proceeded to walk around like that. Of course I couldn't help but laugh...which is when Lindsey decided to join her. Pretty soon we had both of them running around the yard with their jeans around their ankles...falling over...screeching...and then DANCING. Yep, it's like they both just stopped...realized there was music playing...and started wiggling their booties. It's been awhile since I laughed THAT hard! Oh and Drew was a complete hit with Lindsey who now calls him her BFF. She was so cute and would bat her eyelashes at him. She kept telling me, "I like your Dad"..."Actually Sweetie, he's Lili's Dad, but he's my husband"..."Your huzzaband? I like him and I didn't use bad words." HA! Hysterical.
As for the boys...Will was chilling in the Exersaucer most of the night. It took us 2 hours to get him to sleep in the pack n' play that Dixie found and set up for us. He was so happy though...as he always is! Tyler had fun running around the yard like little boys do. His Mom and Dad kept telling him to quit eating the marshmallows we had sitting on the table, so he would sit at the table...looking very innocent...and when he thought no one was paying attention...he would steal one. If you called him out on it, he didn't necessarily deny it...but didn't admit it either. He would be like, "What?" and give you a crazy look. He was cracking me up!
We had a great time with great friends and awesome food. Some of the best ribs and homemade potato salad I've ever had! Plus, Lili got to enjoy her 1st s'more...and then we spent some time letting the kids do sparklers. Don't you remember when life was that easy and all you had to worry about was not burning your fingers on a sparkler? I miss those days...
Happy 4th everyone!

3 comments:

ErinL said...

OMG, my neighbor's daughter has the same outfit as Lili in the first photo. We were joking the other day about how she needs a headband and leg warmers to go with it.

Kristen said...

Really cute pics of Lil and Will! Will is getting huge though man! :)

DixieLee said...

lmao....great play by play of a great day! thanks for coming you guys!