Miss. Lili has been causing me some concern lately, however I have yet to race her to the doctor and beg them for a diagnosis. To be quite honest, I think it might be a "new" illness...one the world has never seen before...or maybe it's a combination of several different known issues that only appear to be completely unnatural to a fearful Mom?
It all started with the puppies. Lili believes there are puppies in the house who bite her. Out of nowhere she will come whimpering over to me saying, "Puppy bite! Puppy bite Lee-Lee, Mom!". What? I have tried telling her there are no puppies, but that look in her eyes tells me she believes different. The other night she was looking for her Nuk and I saw it laying on the floor near the TV. I pointed to it and told her to go get it. She walked over and without picking it up, raced back to me to tell me that the puppies bite her. Huh? I'm thinking these comments are code for some other underlying issue here, however I have yet to solve the mystery. For now, there are imaginary puppies running around our house and I guess I will just have to deal with them!
Lili's poop-phobia also recently came to a head...(no, not a turtlehead) and is now interfering with bathtime and causing her SEVERE angst. The poor kid is TRAUMATIZED by her own poop and a couple of recent bathtub shits have solidified her fears. We try to explain that everybody poops...especially Daddy...and that it's o.k. if she poops too...but her fear cannot be squelched. A few weeks ago she took a bath at her friend's house and accidentally pooped in the tub. Not only did she freak out, but her little friend freaked out too. I don't know if she was embarrassed by the reaction or if it just disturbed her to no end, but ever since then we have to listen to nonstop screaming while we scrub her dirty monkey body clean. The poor kid has pooping issues, just like her mother, and I'm certain that the warm water simply coaxes those stubborn little turds out. Most of the time I think she is just as shocked as we are when she drops a log in the tub. All we can do is continue to encourage her to let us know when she needs to go and remind her that even if she does poop in the tub, it's O.K.
I will have to save some of my other Lili-Funnies for another day because I am too tired to write about them now. I just hope that my sweet girl quickly gets over some of these strange and bizarre behaviors...
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hannah has had imaginery friends and also has "seen things". Lil's imagination is just growing and developing. It only lasts a little while. When Andy was that age there were wolves everywhere, mostly under the bed, until he and Dad scared them away!
I just thought of something... what if she is having tingling sensation- like her feet are falling asleep? Does it happen after she's been sitting for a while? Hmmmm... I can see how a 2 year old would translate that into "puppy bites".
Post a Comment