Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, July 4, 2009

8 Months!






I cannot believe Will is 8 months old... He is the happiest baby and has the COOLEST hair, which is so incredibly important at this age. I mean seriously, if he were in school right now, he would be the most popular kid around...everyone would want to be his friend! The girls would be going ga-ga over his freakishly long eyelashes and winning smile...and the guys would be gathering around him to hear the next sick joke. Mr. Personality...that's exactly what he is.

The last 6 weeks or so have been a little difficult as we have been trying to figure out what is going on. His sleep is all messed up...his eating is all messed up...and he's learning tons of new things. Teething? A growth spurt? Both? Something else? Who knows... For the most part, he's still generally happy...but when he's mad, he gets REALLY mad and half the time we don't know what the heck he wants. Yesterday he ate a couple jars of baby food and maybe 15 ounces of formula in a 24 hour period (which is almost nothing compared to what he had been eating). Today he ate only 6 ounces of formula and 1 jar of baby food all day and then suddenly at 4pm, he acted like we had been starving him for the last week. In a 3 hour period he ate 2 jars of baby food, some cereal and 14 ounces of formula...what the.........???? Then he turned into that scary little boy from The Omen, freaked out on us and eventually passed out in my arms. I'm tellin' ya...the way to retire with BILLIONS is to invent a little microchip that can be implanted in your infants brain to send messages to your iphone telling you their every desire. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. A few standard messages is all we really need..."Feed me you idiots!", "I have sh** in my pants, brainiac!", "It's a full moon...aahhhh...ooooooooohhhh!", "There is nothing you can do for me right now...I'm just pissed off, so give up!" Easy peasy, right?

As for Will's newest skills........ He now looks at his sister and erupts into belly laughs. His current method of transportation is to roll EVERYWHERE. He is CLOSE to sitting and CLOSE to getting up on all fours...though I'm pretty sure he will skip sitting and crawling altogether and go straight to running. He's finally eating baby food and yesterday ate an animal cracker that Lili snuck to him without my knowing. The poor kid has been gnawing on his hands so much lately I couldn't even see that he had anything in it!

1 comment:

ErinL said...

It's cracking me up how our kids are doing exactly the same things. Which I guess makes sense considering we were due 2 weeks apart! It's just wierd to read posts that could be exactly like mine... spooky. Well, except the hair, though small children are really attracted to rubbing it. Like a troll. For good luck, perhaps???