Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, September 30, 2011

Lili's artwork gets more and more interesting with every passing day.  I remember when she used to just scribble.  I would come home from daycare with 20 'pictures' almost daily.  I still come home with a lot (both kids are very 'busy' during the day), but the quantity has decreased a little and been replaced by 'quality'...which is where we get this:

This is our family.  Aside from the fact that we all look very angry, are growing incredible amounts of facial hair and live in a bubble, I thought this was pretty good.  After seeing it hang on our refridgerator for a couple of days though, I finally looked a little closer and realized that there are 5 of us.  Wait a minute...me, Drew, Will, Lili.........huh?  Yeah, I think the little one is her new 'Justin Baby'. 
I got confirmation of that being her 'Justin Baby' when she brought this one home a few days later.  The green blob is me.  I think she got my shape right...but what's that hanging off my belly???  Holy crap...it's TWINS!!  I'm still in a bubble and there is a giant spider on my head too.  Yikes!  This one kinda made me want to run and hide...
Despite some of the horrifying images that she displays through her artwork, I LOVE her imagination and how observant she is.  Her thoughts, which are usually either vocalized or put on paper, amaze me...and provide constant comedic relief!

No comments: