Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 5, 2011

Neighbor Buddies

Dinner at our friend's house a couple of weeks ago resulted in lots of play time for the kids, wine for the Moms and some awesome food!  Aaron and Celest have 2 kids, Chloe and Nick, who are the same distance apart in age as Lili and Will (about 16 months).  Chloe is the older of the two and 8 months younger than Will, so pretty soon we will have 4, 3, 2 and 1 yr olds.  Pretty cool, huh? 

Every time I see them, they remind me SO much of us.  Juggling two little ones SO close in age, along with everything else life has to throw at you...  Lucky for them though, their kiddos aren't quite as 'feisty' as ours and their sleep history so far has been much better.  Whether angels or demons, it's a tough job...and I giggle at the similarities sometimes!  I also giggle (and am slightly mortified), as I witness my children corrupting the innocent.  Chloe definitely has a bit of a spark in her eye and I can totally see Nick getting there someday as well.  Needless to say, my kids can sense these things from a mile away and immediately set to work on convincing them to join their cultlike activities.  If they all weren't so sweet, us parents would probably be running!

No comments: