Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Slowly But Surely

I am slowly, but surely, going insane.  I can feel it.  It's coming.  I don't know what will push me over the edge, but right now my toes are totally hanging off and my equilibrium is questionable.  Granted, the equilibrium issue could be due to my double ear infection, but I like to think that that is also a symptom of the insane life I now live. 

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last blog post, which is HORRIBLE!  I love blogging, so why can't I keep up?  That would be because my life has been consumed by this new 'job thing'.  You know, the contract job I took for 'just a year' to bring in the big bucks so that I can try my hand at being a SAHM for awhile?  Yeah, well I've had many moments recently where I'm wondering if all of this is really worth it.  I did this to give my family an opportunity to try something that I think will help in making us all happier, healthier and more relaxed...but killing myself to get there would kind of defeat the purpose, don't ya think?  No, I'm not ready to quit...yet...but I also don't know how much more I can take.  The severe ups and downs of some of the people that I work with, the evening and weekend work, the unexpected tasks that get handed to me without much notice...it just doesn't work when you're juggling MORE than a full time job, plus 2 little ones.  They don't understand why I can't play with them when they want me to or why I have to work all the time...and why should I expect them to?  I'm their Mom and I should BE there for them...but I'm not...because I'm working...all the time.  Things have gotten worse over the last month, but now that our 1st migration is complete, I'm hoping we will get a bit of a break before the next one hits on March 1st.  I need time to recharge so that I can get through all of this.  When I'm at my wits end I try to remind myself that May 31st is going to come quick...and then I can make a change.  Whether that's to stay home for awhile...or find another job...I don't know.  I went into this wanting to take some time off to spend with my kids, so now I'm just hoping that financially that can still happen.  I'm SO nervous about it...but also more excited than I've been about anything in such a long time! 

I have so many pics and funny stories to update the blog with, so I will be spending my time here in NY (for work of course!) making sure that that happens! 

2 comments:

Erin said...

Longest days, shortest years. May 31 will totally be here before you know it and when you are at home with them you'll think a) why did I think it was SO long until I quit that job, it went by so fast! and b) WTF was I thinking, these children are driving me insane, now! LOL.

Jenny and Jon said...

What exactly does your job entail? Any job with travel away from home is hard with kids...I feel for you, I'm also in transition. More on that later!!