Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 5, 2011

Old Friends

A few weeks ago the kids and I were invited to help celebrate Lindsey's 5th birthday.  Lindsey and her brother, Tyler...along with their Mom, Dixie...are our special friends who we haven't seen as much as we would have liked this past year.  We really miss them, so it was great to catch up and to have a little fun!  We met at the Monticello Community Center to swim for a few hours.  I forced the kids to pose under this mural.  It proved to be more difficult that I thought...
The minute you get one to look at the camera and smile, the others are goofin' off... 
...and sometimes NONE of them are listening and that's when you snap the final pic and give up!
On our way out I did grab this one of the 3 little ones, who really aren't so little anymore.  Too bad Will was more interested in the giant Goldfish crackers he saw in the snack counter window.
After the pool it was time for some DQ.
They were all hungry and tired.
As you can see the birthday girl was pretty darn happy with her chicken tenders.
The only way I could get her to let me take her pic was if the chicken was in the pic with her!
Even her brother had to pose with his burger.
Lili must have delirious or something.  She was the only one who willingly gave her a smile.  Then again, our food was a little later than everyone else's, so I guess she couldn't really pose with anything...
Mr. Will was being a little pistol...as usual.  He throws out innocent looks like this, but we all know what's REALLY going on in his mind!
It was a great day, but a sad reminder of how much we miss our friends.  Hopefully we can continue to make time to meet up occasionally, despite how crazy our lives become!

No comments: