Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 19, 2011

A 'Justin Baby'

This past week Lili came home from daycare and spoke of something I had never, EVER heard out of her little mouth before... 

Lili: 'Mommy, do you have a baby in your belly?'
Me: 'Ummm...no.'
Lili: 'Can you GET a baby in your belly?'
Me: 'Ummm...no.'
Lili: 'Why not?'
Me: 'I already had you and Will as babies in my belly and I don't need anymore.'
Lili: 'But I want a Justin baby!'
Me: 'Ummm...you mean Ella's little brother?'
Lili: 'Yeah, Ella has a Justin baby and I want one too. But I don't want Ella's Justin baby, I want my own Justin baby.'
Me: 'But you have Will.  He's your brother, just like Justin is Ella's brother.'
Lili: 'Will isn't a baby anymore.  I want a Justin baby like Ella! When can I have a baby in my belly?'
Me: 'Not until you're 30.'
Lili: 'How many days is that?  This many?' (She holds up 5 fingers...)

Right...

I thought maybe it was a one time deal, but every day since Lili has asked about getting a 'Justin baby'. I find it especially amusing because this is the kid who has never consistently asked for something...EVER...  There has never been a toy that she really, really wanted...there has never been a treat or an outing that she wanted to go on, where she would ask for it over and over again.  Now, of all things...she wants a baby and doesn't seem to be forgetting it either.  In fact, her artwork is even starting to show a 5th person in our family...  I can only assume that the little one is her 'Justin baby'.

No comments: