Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Part

The best part about Easter...o.k., not the BEST part, but a really GOOD part...was that I didn't have to cook dinner!  We headed to John and Lisa's house for some yummy eats, but not before I got some pics of the kids in their Easter wear.  I know...not super fancy on Will's part, but it's hard to really get a boy jazzed up for holidays.  I could have put him in a cute little button down shirt, sweater vest and khakis, but that was difficult to do after seeing Lili's skirt.  Is that not the most awesome skirt EVER?  My friend Katy made it for Lili and yes, the patterned fabric is JELLY BEANS!  I love, love, LOVE all of the fabrics and layers!  Finding a shirt and some tutu leggings to match was no problem either!

So here they are...my little entertainers...  Can you see Will checking Lili out?  Yep, he's observing her so that he too, can be just as cool as his big sister!
He does a pretty good job trying too!!
...but then he starts this shrieking...which causes HIM to cover HIS ears.  Ummm...HE'S doing the screaming, so why do HIS ears get the break??
When we arrived at our friend's house Lisa had made up little Easter gift bags for the kids.  Some fun candies, a monster truck for Will and a My Little Pony for Lili, markers and stamps...and of course, BUBBLES!  This kept the two of them entertained for quite a while!  
When the bubble fun was over we hung out on the deck and BBQ'd.  Will is deathly afraid of animals, which is funny because they are also his FAVORITE thing in the world.  I suppose he's just deathly afraid of the ones that can get within his personal space.  Anyway, we eventually had to put him on the patio table to keep the dogs away from him...but of course anytime they came near the table it was still too close for Will...
After a yummy Easter feast we continued our fun outdoors and the kids did some wonderful artwork using sidewalk chalk.  
I love this shot of Lili's butt sticking up in the air and her ankles crossed!  The kid cracks me up!
All in all Easter 2011 was great!  We all had a ton of fun and are looking forward to the Easter Bunny revisiting again next year!

No comments: