Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jamaica: Day 5

Day 5 brought another interesting tour for us...but at least this one was much more enjoyable than the last.  We hopped on a truck/jeep type thing for this one and headed up into the Jamaican hills. 

Our ride...
We stopped at a couple of shops along the way, where mostly local crafts were being sold. This was the best one...yes, that is exactly what you think it is.  The person who made it was the one who encouraged us to pose like this!!
...and for John and Lisa to pose like this...
Riding in the back of the open air truck was a little freaky at times. Although we had seatbelts I did feel as though I might fall out at any given moment. This is me leaning out the back as we went zipping through Fern Gully!
At one point we stopped and this fern dude came up to us and sang us a song...a little freaky if you ask me!
We drove to one of the highest lookout points in all of Jamaica and had some great views!
We got to see how charcoal was being made...
...and I totally thought that was HAIR!  Nope...it was a hat...and I wanted it for Will!
When we stopped at an old rundown estate near a coffee plantation we spotted this lovely dead rat.
Our tour guide talked to us a lot about the land and how it was used. 
We also got to try many of the locally grown fruits!
Next we headed to the coffee plantation.  We were shown the berries on the coffee plants...
...and of course I had to have my picture taken near them, since coffee is one of my favorite things in life!
After the tour we finally had some time to sit by the pool and just RELAX!  We didn't do enough of the relaxation thing on this trip, so we are vowing to do more of that next time!
Dinner that night was our last one in Jamaica.  It was sad to think that our long-awaited trip was over, but I was also pretty excited to see our monkeys again!
Our towel art that night was another swan...I really wanted something crazy...like an armadillo...

No comments: