So the other night my husband tells me my breath smells like sauerkraut. Yeah, I know...he's really got a way with words. He seemed to think that because I had eaten sauerkraut for dinner, that the stench could only be from that. I was then able to give him the good news...this breath wasn't the result of eating sauerkraut, it was my new Ideal Protein diet breath and he damn well better get used to it...and LIKE it! For whatever reason, when your body goes into ketosis (Google it, I really don't want to get into the science of it all) it makes your breath smell like monkey ass. It's not pretty. Sometimes I even make MYSELF gag and the approved Altoid Smalls don't do a damn thing to mask it. I suppose this is the price you pay when you're attempting to lose half your body weight...
Quite a few people have asked me what my goals are with this whole weight loss thing. Aside from reaching a certain weight and getting myself healthy, what do I hope to accomplish along the way, or what are the things that keep me going when I think of giving up? I've thought about this one quite a bit and this is what I came up with...
1. Fly to Vegas and get a koi fish tattoo done by Carey Hart.
2. Buy a pair of jeans from the Buckle, with all the bling on the pockets that I can stand.
3. Be able to purchase an XL tshirt (or smaller!) no matter where we go and know that it will be comfy and baggy on my new body.
4. Ride on an airplane without having to move the seatbelt buckle all the way to the end in order to get it to snap in.
5. Book a trip with tons of excursions and not even look at the weight limit for each one.
6. Go on a shopping spree and shop at any store I want, without being limited to plus size stores.
I'm sure my list will continue to grow, but these are the things I think about fairly often and I hope I someday get to fulfill...
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment