Every morning for the last month or so Will has insisted on say hello to a giant gorilla that the director had sitting in her office at daycare. Every evening on our way out Will has insisted on saying goodbye to the gorilla. Although this was slightly annoying on the days when we were in a hurry...it was also pretty cute. I told the Director about Will's love of the monkey one day and received the unexpected response of 'Do you want to take him home?'.......and she was serious. I really didn't 'want' the monkey, but at the same time I knew Will would love him...and so I relieved them of the responsibility. I thought the kids would be excited to find a crazy arse gorilla in the 3rd seat of our backseat.........so that's exactly where I placed the furry thing...

Although Will is smiling in these pics, he whimpered part of the way home and kept asking me to move the monkey.

Arriving back at the house I turned him into a hula monkey and urged the kids to pose for a photo. Will absolutely REFUSED to get within 5 feet of the gorilla and at one point started crying, 'Go away monkey! Go away!'. I didn't mean to traumatize the kid, but c'mon...he LOVED this damn gorilla...so what happened?!?!? At least Lili seemed to enjoy the companionship!
No comments:
Post a Comment