Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who's Crazy?


The kids have lost their freaking minds over the last week or so. It actually started with Lili just being more emotional than normal. Although she's feisty and stubborn, she's usually pretty happy and excessive crying and tantrums aren't all that common...until now. My friends tell me it's a 3 year old thing. They say 3 year olds are WAY worse than 2 year olds and I'm beginning to think they are right. Of course with the way Will has been acting lately, I think it depends on the sex. GIRLS are worse at 3 than they are at 2. BOYS are worse at 2........at least I'm hoping this is as bad as it will get with Will. Not sure I can handle him a year older and that much bigger and stronger with the same attitude. Yikes!
While Lili is doing a lot more crying and whining and flipping out...Will is being Will. He's just EXTREMELY energetic and HYPER. He doesn't stop moving...EVER. We have always found it difficult getting him to calm down and focus, but it seems to be even worse lately. I've done some Googling on the subject and there are so many theories it's hard to know what to look at first. Sometimes I wonder if he needs more sleep than he's actually getting. They say that some children become hyper when they are overtired...making it even harder to get them to rest their little bodies. Other times I wonder if there is something 'wrong'...like is he going to be diagnosed as ADHD someday? Then I have days when I'm much calmer about it and attribute it to him being a boy. Boys are just crazy, right? I guess...though I wish there was someone out there who could evaluate him and just let me know if it's something I should be concerned about or not. I'd hate to be worrying like I am if it's 'nothing'. Though it's hard to believe it's really 'nothing' when everything seems so excessive. The energy, the hyperactivity, his actions towards others........they are all done at a normal level plus 10. Or maybe I'm just easily exhausted? HA!

No comments: