Finally made it to Day 3. This was actually a pretty fun day because the boys went off on their own to play golf...and us girls got to go do some things that we wanted to do. First we went on a shopping tour. They took us to a nearby marketplace where we were only given an hour to wander around. They then took us to what they were calling the 'craft fair'. Now when I hear 'craft fair', I think about how it is here in the US. Tables lined up in rows with all kinds of homemade stuff for sale. People don't pressure you and are simply there to ask questions if you have them...or take your money. I was very excited to go to something similar in Jamaica! Ummmm...yeah, that's not exactly what they mean by craft fair. In Jamaica, a craft fair consists of lots of little rundown shacks all squeezed into this tiny little area. They are filled with all kinds of items for sale and the sellers practically attack you to get your business. They also offer 'deals' on everything.........and try to keep you in their shack, looking at their products, for as long as they can. I've been around pushy people before, but this was completely overwhelming and a little scary at times. I didn't like that they kept dragging Lisa off in a different direction as me and I hated how difficult it was to get away from it all. We were only there 30 minutes, but it felt like the longest 30 minutes of my life. It was interesting to see what a craft fair was like down there but sheesh! One of the best parts about our shopping tour was seeing this sign:

After the shopping tour we went back to the resort, had some lunch and then hopped a bus to go on our Dolphin Touch excursion. When we arrived and got off the bus I was greeted by an old, gold toothed man who asked me...'You married? I like you. You come home with me?'......ummmm....no. When you're fat, you kind of miss the days when you got that little bit of extra attention from men..........but that really wasn't the kind of attention I was looking for. Moving past that fun little conversation I was surprised by how much there was to do at the park, outside of our personal experience with the dolphins. This was one of the shark pools...

...and here are the sharks. At first they just looked like big ol' fish to me...nothing to be frightened of........but then I was given an image of 3 fins sticking out of the water and all I could think about was JAWS...

This is where the dolphins hand out. They had a HUGE area set aside for them and there were so many! One dolphin kept hopping up on the dock...flopping around...and then throwing himself back in.

They were very friendly too and knew exactly where the people were so they could come and show off their stuff!

Then there was this weird pelican.......that just hung out on the dock with us. He even let a little girl pet him!

SELF PORTRAIT!! We were waiting for the Shark Show, which never happened. I was sort of pissed about this, since we planned all of our other activities around it. Bastards!

I think they were feeding the dolphins here...but not exactly sure.

On our way out of the place, after being told that the last Shark Show of the day had been cancelled, we met up with a few animals. Normally they charge you to have pictures taken with the animals, but it was the end of the day and the dude running this part of the park just wanted a tip........so, he took our camera, held it up next to his and pretended like he was taking pics with his, so we could be charged $14 per photo. In reality though, we gave him $10 bucks and got all of these pics on our personal cameras. I have to say, this iguana was pretty creepy. He was HUGE!

He was very friendly though and seemed content to hang out on my shoulder.

I thought the snake was a little creepier...mainly because it was moving around, whereas the iguana had stayed very still.

I didn't really care about holding the birds, since I was afraid one was going to shit on me, but this one let me hold it like a little baby.

After our fun times with all of the animals we finally met the boys back at the resort. In our room we were greeted by this very boring towel art. I wanted something cool, but this was it...
No comments:
Post a Comment