The kids dressed in rainbow colors... (I have to say, although I understand 'why' they may not make a lot of boy clothes with rainbows on them, it was still disappointing!)...
I made rainbow colored Peepshi (Easter Peep sushi!) as a treat...
We had fruit in all colors of the rainbow...
...and our cake was constructed using the most vibrant rainbow colors EVER!
We even made cupcakes using the same batter and they turned into these psychedelic little things!
We cooked the cake layers in 2 batches of 3...bottom layers first...
...then the top layers...
The cake appeared to be handling the stress pretty well, however this is best pic we ever got of it. Layer # 3 (GREEN) cracked in the middle and started sliding out from all sides! We tried to fix it by cutting off the excess cake, but that just made it worse. In the end we frosted it and 90% went into the garbage. I was extremely disappointed, however the psychedelic cupcakes did make up for it a little! 





No comments:
Post a Comment