Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Egg Coloring Challenge

The first of our Easter activities involved egg coloring. I got a wild and crazy idea to invite a couple of little friends over to join the kids in doing this, so we went from 2 monkeys to 4. All in all it wasn't bad. Of course it's going to sound horrible though when it's written by me because I'm a Mommy wimp. I've talked about this many times in the last few posts. It hasn't changed.

The evening started with a gourment dinner of pasta bowls from Noodles & Co. Then we dove into the eggs. As you can see, Lili took her egg coloring very seriously and was intent on making them perfect.
The idea that Lili could participate in such an activity without performing a taste test at some point was preposterous!
Oh, I worship you great God Of Eggs...
She brings new meaning to the word Egghead.
Miss. Koralyn joined our egg party as well. Being a couple of years older than Lili, her coordination and attention to detail was vastly different!
Chloe Joe was our youngest participant...she seemed slightly disturbed by the eggs...I sensed a fear in her...
Dooder was just hungry. As he always is these days.
Eventually the babies got bored and decided to make goo-goo eyes at each other in the hallway. If they could talk, I know their conversation would have gone something like this:
Chloe: Hey big boy, whatcha got over there?
Dooder: See my muscles? I can lift this fan and throw it across the room! Roooaaarrrr!
Chloe: I wish you were more sensitive to my needs. I just want a hug.
Dooder: *Snort*...*Grunt*...*Scream*
As if egg dying wasn't messy enough...we eventually moved onto Project Numero Dos. Another friend of mine found this idea on a blog somewhere, so I stole it from her. Basically you fill plastic eggs with potting soil and a scoop of grass seed and watch them grow! They turn into little heads of grass and you can cut them...like hair!
Lili did an awesome job filling her eggs with soil. As you can tell, I'm going to be the Mom who lets her kids do everything on their own...no matter how out of hand it gets!She was so happy to be a big girl and do her own project. How can you rain on her parade?!?!?

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

Good job on the grassy eggs! Look for a picture of my grassy eggs tonight or tomorrow on my blog!