Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What The Kids Want

We have been talking to Lili a lot about Santa and last week asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas. She gave us that deer in the headlights look for awhile and then said, "Coys! I want coys!". We asked what kind of toys and she said, "Ummm...ummm..." ('Umm' is her new thing). Since she loves her dolls so much, I asked if she would like Santa to bring her a new doll. "Yeah! I want a baby!" I asked if she wanted Santa to bring her a highchair for her baby too. "I want a highchair for my dolly! I feed baby...baby hungry... blanky... cup... spoon... highchair...stroller...baby sick...Mommy...Daddy...Will Andra...I go see Santa?!?!?" To be quite honest, I'm not exactly sure what's up with the lists lately. She has these completely random thoughts that are all jumbled together and she loves to just throw words out there. They aren't in the form of sentences and half the time they don't even make sense, but it literally KILLS me to hear her talking these days.

What does Will want? Well, don't worry...we asked him too. He smiled...and his rosy, pink cheeks puffed up...and he said, 'Doy, doy, doy...dubba...dubba...doy!' What? You want a cozy coupe? That's fantastic! That's exactly what you're getting!!! Such a smart boy...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I don't know... Will sounds more like "tub toy" to me.

Jenny and Jon said...

Jackson LOVES his cozy coupe and still lights up when he sees it, he is more into pushing it or running behind it than actually riding in it, but that will be next, I am sure!!