Bathtime in the Lane household usually consists of large amounts of water splashing over the side of the tub and two very slippery, crazy monkeys. Will no longer requires a bathseat, which is good and bad. Good because we don't have that thing taking up space any longer. Bad because this means he's 'free'. I never thought freedom would be so......exciting? Yeah, we'll just use that word...sounds nicer than what I was thinking. Anyway, Will is an absolute maniac in the tub. That boy has no fear. He slips and slides and hits his head and submerges his face in water...and yet still comes up smiling. Your hands must be within a foot of his little body at all times so that you can prevent any major catastrophes from occurring. He cannot be trusted. Lili was our cautious child. The one who went through phases of being deathly afraid of the tub...the one who slowly and daintily puts each foot in the water and eases herself in... Will is the complete opposite. If we weren't holding onto him, I can guarantee that boy would dive head first into the tub. There are days when I am tempted to let him try...believing that at some point he needs to start understanding the consequences of his actions...however the mother in me would never allow that. It's sort of like when he tries to 'jump' off of our bed. Falling 3.5 ft with no comprehension of what is about to happen is a little scary. Does he need to learn his lesson? Of course...but not at the expense of his arm or other important body part... For now, we will just have to try and save him as much as possible and hope that he starts to learn about these things before he seriously injures himself. Our next goal is to get him to start going down stairs properly. We have showed him a hundred times and he has ignored all of our attempts. He gets to the top, turns around and lunges forward...head first... Not sure what to think about all of this.


1 comment:
Will is Henri. Seriously. He has already summersaulted out of the tub, I kid you not.
I will warn you to put less water in the tub that is in the pics you posted. Trust me as I've had water come into my playroom from the area directly below the tub. Again, I kid you not.
Just a warning.
Post a Comment