Tomorrow morning I leave for the 1st of TWO scrappin' weekends...IN A ROW! I honestly had no idea that they were scheduled this close. I booked one in early 2008 and when I booked the 2nd, I didn't even think to double check the dates/times. I probably should have done that... oh well. In the end, Drew seems perfectly fine with it and will get some quality one on one time with the munchkins while I am gone. I always feel bad when I go off on these weekends and now that I'll be going on two, I'm even more nervous. I have no doubt that Drew will be just fine...he's done this many times before and is great with the kids. I think it's just that typical mother's guilt. How can I possibly take this much time for MYSELF?!?!?!? Eeek! Drew did say something the other night that made me feel a little better about going. He said, "I actually look forward to these weekends, even though they are crazy, because it forces me to say no to other people and projects and to just spend time with the kids." Sweet, huh?
Despite feeling those little twinges of guilt I must admit that I am SO EXCITED!! Every time I think about it I get that surge of energy and excitement...like you got when you were a kid on X-mas morning! I've been organizing things all week and have a huge list of projects to complete. Having 3 full days for the 1st weekend and 4 full days for the 2nd weekend to do something that I absolutely LOVE is a rare treat! One of my best friends, Heather, is also flying in from Denver to go with me to one of them. This is something we have always done together, so I'm hoping it gives us the time we need to catch up on each other's lives too!
I can't believe tomorrow is almost here!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment