Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, September 27, 2009

And Then There Were Two...











...crazy munchkins destroying our house and wreaking havoc! I'm tellin' ya...I never expected Will to be this nutty! As my friend Christine would say, "He's a hooligan!". I always thought Will was a fairly mild baby, but now...his strength...his voice...his curiosity...his size... All I have to say is, he's ginormous and into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I used to compare Lili to an octopus. Physically she only had 2 arms, but I swear she would move so fast you would think she had 8! You would take something out of one hand, meanwhile the other hand was already grasping for something else...and then there were these "invisible" hands that were grabbing and hoarding other random objects. She is still that way today and apparently Will has decided to join her. As you can see from the pics, they have changed so much and are doing so many new things!

Lili spends most of her time cooking for me. She makes pizza and "faffles" and soup. She also makes me drink a lot of juice. Playing Mommy is also fun, so she often feeds her babies and pushes them around the house in her doll size playpen. It is so cute to hear her talking to them! She tells me she has to take her baby to the doctor and that she's hungry. She shushes them to sleep and finds them blankies. I didn't expect her to be doing these things yet!

Will is just exploring. He leaves no cupboard, door or drawer unturned. Yesterday he got his finger pinched for the 1st time while playing in the bottom drawer of our china cabinet. You would have thought the kid just had a fingernail ripped off! He has also been pulling himself up into a standing position when he's near certain things...like the bathtub. He's pretty cautious, so he won't try to pull himself up if what he's pulling on seems at all unstable. I suppose that's a good thing, but even when he's holding onto the bathtub, the kid has taken some nasty falls! He lets go and then wham...on the floor he goes.

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

Andrea, they are SO cute. I cannot believe how big they are getting...seeing them together ALMOST (but not quite) makes me crazy enough to think Jackson needs a sibing.......maybe next year!!