If you're even a wee bit squeamish around people with potty mouths, you might not want to read this post. I need a moment...with my blog...to vent a few frustrations. Nothing major. It was just a shitty day and I feel like crap and I would like to curse...and be blunt...and just let it all out. Clean language is not high on my list of priorities right now.
My day bit the big one. It's noones fault...it just sucked. The cards were not in my favor and in the end, I was one irritated fat chick who should have spent the day picking her nose on her couch...alone...in front of the TV...with chips and dip.
Will was up several times throughout the night and the alarm clock wasn't set properly, so the day started off with everyone tired and very late. I discovered why Will was being a little pistol when I went to get him up and found him laying in his bed, awake...with a diaper full of shit. No kidding. It was FULL of it. Had to have been at LEAST 7lbs in there. I got him changed and dressed and then it was Lili's turn. She was happy as a clam when I walked into her room. Within minutes, Satan had taken over her body. She didn't WANT the shirt I had ready and waiting for her...she wanted the OTHER shirt, which she couldn't describe or point out to me. She didn't WANT to change her socks or put on her shoes. She didn't WANT to wear a jacket. She didn't WANT to go to daycare. She didn't WANT me to buckle her in her carseat. She didn't WANT the green Nuk she wanted the pink one...then she didn't want the pink one, she wanted the red one. She wanted pretzels at 6:30am and juice and to swing on her new swingset. Needless to say, there was screaming...and crying...and tears...and kicking...and hitting...and the best part? A 2 year old telling her Mommy, "You STOP it, you!". I swear it took 30 minutes to get them dressed and in the car. I did absolutely nothing else...just changed 2 diapers, clothed 2 kids and carried them to the car. It should NOT have been that difficult!!!
I pretty much knew when I got Lili up that I was never going to make it to work. I had not showered and was still in my holey pjs. I took the kids straight to daycare and of course it could not be a smooth drop off...no siree Bob. I had forgotten to give them their antibiotics for the ear infections that they have both been fighting for the last week. Back to the house I go...grab the meds...drive to daycare (again)...administer the drugs...run home to login. I worked from home but as the day wore on, I started to feel sick...like I was getting some sort of bug. Daycare called to let me know that both of my kids also had temps and were not feeling well. Thank God she's a Saint and did not require me to take time off from work to come get them. Things were manageable and with a little Motrin, she thought they would make it through the day.
The kids did make it through the day and our evening was better than I had expected, but I'm pooped. Working full time and being a Mom of two little ones is NOT easy! I hate that we are rushed to get out the door every morning and that our evenings are so limited. I feel like we have very little time together as a family and I hate knowing that daycare gets to see their sweet (sometimes...haha!) little faces more than I do. Our house is a mess and life seems chaotic and disorganized. We eat out constantly to avoid the hassle of cooking, packing lunches, etc. Nothing ever seems to be "stocked" (diapers, wipes, etc.) and we are losing crap (keys, belts, etc.) left and right. I need to get my shit together because something isn't working here!
Phew...o.k....I think I'm done...........
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment