Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend - Part 1






Labor Day weekend was exhausting! It was a ton of fun, but I don't think there was any down time for the Lane family for 3 full days!


1st, our good friend Erin came for a visit from WA. She was attending a wedding in Duluth and was flying into MSP, so it was a perfect opportunity for her to spend a day with us. She had never met the munchkins, so that was exciting! Most of the time we just chatted and played catch-up. Although we've kept in touch, we haven't actually seen her in 4 or 5 years, so we had a lot to talk about! We played with the kids...took them to the park...and spent 3 hours at Archiver's. That was one hell of a shopping trip! I love that store... Anyway, after a BBQ Saturday, some scrappin' talk that night and a yummy breakfast on Sunday morning, Erin headed out. I'm still hoping to make it back to WA one of these days, but since I've sworn not to fly with the kids until they're 20...it's going to be awhile!
P.S. The purple tutu was a gift to Lili from Erin...and Will is gnawing on a piece of husk from the corn on the cob we had Saturday night (he's a true country boy!)!

1 comment:

ErinL said...

awesome, there are now pics of me on the internet in my pajamas, lol!