...jiggety jig? After 4 days of scrappin', I came home to find a couple of strange children in my house. Yes, their names were Lili and Will (a.k.a. Stinkerbell & The Hulk), but they were NOT the same Lili and Will I left last Thursday morning. These were two entirely different kids.
I swear Lili went from 5-6 word sentences to talking like an adult. That little voice was spewing all kinds of random thoughts and every word was clear as mud......o.k., clear as day. She had so much to tell me about and so much to show me. She was especially intent on identifying everything, "Dat's Mommy's coffee and dis is Lee-Lee's dooce and dat is bay-bay's wadder". Yes, Lili has gone from calling her brother "bee-bee", to calling him "bay-bay"...which is pretty darn hilarious. The other thing that just kills me are the completely random, out-of-the-blue statements that leave me questioning where the heck that came from. Let's take for example, the night last week when I walked into the kitchen and Lili, with a rabid look in her eyes yelled, "I like CHICKEN!" in a voice very close to Linda Blair's in The Exorcist. What was so surprising is that we weren't having chicken for dinner...and she didn't have chicken for lunch that day...but chicken still seemed to be in the forefront of her crazy little mind!
Little Man had also done some growing while I was gone and I was greeted with CLAPPING when I returned! That was seriously the cutest damn thing I had ever seen! Those chubby little hands... His crawling speed has tripled and he no longer relies on the army crawl to get him to his destination. Pulling himself up into a kneeling position next to toilets and tubs and anything else within reach is super exciting for him too...and scary for us. He looks like such a little BOY now...there's no baby left in him! Well, maybe a little. This morning he decided to hold a conversation with himself for almost 45 minutes...starting at 5am. That boy is SO LOUD and almost painful to listen to sometimes. Kind of like nails on a chalkboard... He has this deep, throaty yell...not so much a cry anymore.............and it hurts my ears. Next month he will be turning one and I'm in shock that we've already experienced an entire year. I'm excited to see what he will be like as a toddler, but a little sad to see him leaving the baby stage. He's so funny right now, I wouldn't mind if he stayed this way for just a little while longer!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment